Listed here are just some of Shellharbour activities that locals and visitors enjoy doing in the Shellharbour area
Beaches and Swimming
- Shellharbour South Beach – Just 2 minutes’ walk from Seahaven – patrolled in Summer.
- Beverly Whitfield Ocean Pool – Around 70 metres from Dream Catcher Beach House, a perfect spot for families and children, also patrolled in Summer.
- Shellharbour North Beach – North of the Harbour – also patrolled in Summer.
- The “Farm”- Located within Killalea State Park - a favourite surfing spot featuring great scenery.
- Boat Harbour – A small beach located adjacent to Little Park, which has a playground and picnic tables - perfect for small children.
Cinema and Theatres
- Shellharbour has some magnificent fishing spots.
- Shellharbour Fishing Charters
- Prawning – Try your hand at prawning in Lake Illawarra, just near the bridge. The best times are a few days either side of New Moon, a run out tide after sunset and in a month which has an “r” in it. Great family fun !
- The Links Golf course - Recently voted one of the Top 50 Golf courses in Australia you can play for under $50.
- Kembla Grange Golf Club
- Calderwood Golf Course
- Port Kembla Golf Club
- Illawarra Golf Range
- South Coast Golf guide
- Warilla Bowling Club
- Croome Road Tennis Complex, Croome Road, Albion Park Rail (02) 4236 0157